Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Most "Curious" Dream

I had a dream that I was traveling to the desert with Curious George. I stopped off at a convenience store to buy a bottle of booze (just like in the kids' books!). I noticed that the previous bottle of booze I had purchased at a different store was still full, but was missing a cap. I had purchased that bottle at another store in the same chain as the one I was at now, so I asked the manager for a replacement cap. He didn't have one, but told me to go back to the original store and request one. He then handed me exactly $100 in assorted bills (to go buy a replacement bottle?) and sent me on my way.

I hit the road toward the desert, but just before the freeway exit I realized that I was driving around with a big cap-less bottle of booze in the front seat of my car. I decided to pull off into a residential street and take care of things. I pulled in front of a house and opened the trunk of my car. I took a paper towel and twisted it, then folded it in half and stuck it in the mouth of the bottle. Then I positioned the bottle next to the spare tire so that it (hopefully) wouldn't fall over. I noticed that there was an old empty liquor bottle in trunk (because I apparently have a strong affinity for old John Barleycorn). I decided to pitch my empty. I looked around and saw a recycle bin in front of the house where I was currently parked. I lifted the lid of the bin and saw a stack of bottles and cans sitting in the middle of the bin, with lots of empty space surrounding it. Being careful not to disturb the precarious stack, I oh-so-gently placed my bottle on the top. As I gingerly replaced the lid, I heard a loud clink as one of the bottles was dislodged from the stack inside and fell to the bottom of the bin. Just then I saw the owner of the house open the curtains of her front picture window and glare at me suspiciously. I had a strong feeling that she was about to call the police about my suspicious car. I realized that it was time to flee the scene, but then a very dark thought flashed into my head. I had Curious George with me. Curious George was a monkey. Cute, sure, but in reality a wild, brutal beast born in the dark heart of the savage jungle. Perhaps I could turn him loose on the household and let him satisfy the "curiosity" of his primal simian blood lust on the flesh of my enemies. I imagined the horrific, gory carnage for just a moment.

I got in my car and headed for the highway.

No comments :